Monday, September 7, 2009

stitch, stitch, stitch

I decided to spend my evening off hemming a new pair of pants to save a few dollars on a tailor. I learned how to sew when I was younger, but unlike other crafts I never had much patience for it. As Anne said in Anne of Green Gables "It's just one seam after another and you never seem to get anywhere". But the pants were gorgeous and far too long.

I first started by doing it inside out, pretty typical but I picked out the stitches and started over. It took an outrageously long time to do, and the kitten was no help, but I finally got them done and it's not a bad job, if I do say so myself. Probably not quite as neat as a tailor would do, but unless someone decides to examine my ankles up close (unlikely) they should do fine. I still have another pair of pants, but no grey thread, so we'll have to wait on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment